Bellabox Singapore: FEBRUARY 2014 FLIRTY FEB!

9:12 PM

Oh look! It’s already the 8th of March and guess what I’m posting today! My February Bellabox! Ah-Huh! Why? Coz I’m cool like that! Harhar. 



Nah! Let’s just say that being “late” is probably a virtue that’s very close to my heart. LOL. Kidding aside, here’s a bunch of truly wonderful and flirty (hence Flirty Feb) items found in my February box.
  



And for the record, I have legit reasons for being late on posting this. One of which is the fact that WE MOVED! Oh yeah! Last year, we also moved in March and this year we did it again. I just hope that this doesn’t become a tradition or an annual thing because really, it’s supah tiring!!!!

Going back to my February box, let’s take a closer look at each of the items!

COLLECTION LOCK N HOLD LIPGLOSS
10 ML / S$13.50

Lock and hold your pout all day with this long-lasting high shine lipgloss! Created with a non-sticky formula and uniquely designed wand shape, your lips will stay comfy while looking stunning on the go. Available in 6 stunning shades.


MY THOUGHTS: It was love at first sight or so I thought! I was very sure (take note: past tense) that I would love it because I don’t own a lot of lipglosses and among the few that I own; I always gravitated to my NYX nude pink one. So it shouldn’t be a surprise why this one appealed so much to my eyeballs! Before explaining the reason behind the “was” let me talk a little bit about its packaging and the little trinkets that I really liked about this product. It comes in a transparent plastic tube with a twist-to-open cap and a very dainty looking lip applicator. When I twisted the cap open, a bubblegum-ish scent instantly met my nose and the experience was wonderful. I noticed that it’s creamy but non-sticky. I’m not sure yet about its lasting power because even though it claims to be long-lasting, I’m a bit skeptical due to its non-sticky formula. I’m under the impression that the stickier the lip gloss is the longer its lasting power will be. Here’s the reason behind the “was”: when I applied it directly to my bare lips, I noticed that it’s too sheer to be used on its own unlike my favorite NYX lipgloss. My lips are not pigminted so I was expecting a beautiful baby pink tint all over my lips after two coats of it, but to my disappointment (dropped shoulders), there’s none. I haven’t tried it on top of another lip product though. Still, it made me a little sad. I thought it’s one of those lip glosses that I can use on its own. Regardless, I still like that I got a lip product coz I’m a lippie junkie.

DARLIE EXPERT FRESH
40 G / S$3; 120 G / S$5.90

Eliminate and protect against the source of bad breath with this unique, advance formulation of active Zinc Citrate. This toothpaste boasts a strong attack-defense system that eliminates up to 42% bacteria and ensures fresh breath for as long as 12 hours!

MY THOUGHTS: Lately, one of the things I’ve been so obsessed with is brushing my teeth. I sometimes would brush my teeth up to four times a day and would even use a mouth wash in the morning and at night. I can’t remember when it started but I don’t care coz I think it’s a good thing, don’t you think so, too? So where am I going with this? Well, all I’m just trying to say is that it seems like Bellabox has been trying to read my mind, hehe. Coz I feel like all the contents of my Feb box are meant for me. So hashtag YAY! Also, this toothpaste claims to have Zinc Citrate which helps in continuously combating bacteria thus helping to keep my breath fresh for up to 12 hours. Sounds promising! Can’t wait to try this when I travel! Yep! Coz I’m reserving my sample products for my vacations so I won’t have to worry about buying travel-sized items.

L’OREAL PARIS EVERSTRONG THICKENING SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER 
Shampoo : 59 ML / S$3.90; Conditioner: 250 ML / S$14.90

Thinning hair getting to you? It could be an unhealthy scalp that is causing hair loss. Clinically tested for stronger and thicker hair in 30 days, kick-start prevention using L’Oreal Parist Everstrong Hair & Scalp System! Rinse off excess oils and free radicals swiftly with its thickening shampoo, and follow with conditioner for optimal hair hydration and soothing nourishment.

MY THOUGHTS: We’ve just bought the anti hair-fall variant (shampoo and conditioner) of Pantene because I feel like my hair is getting weaker lately. I haven’t tried the Mane ‘n Tail shampoo and conditioner that Bellabox sent me last month due to my crazy sched and now I have a new batch ready for trial. Even though I’m so tempted to try these two now, I’ll have to force myself not to coz we’ll be travelling in two and a half weeks’ time, and I’d rather pout my lips and wait than worry about buying travel-sized goodies for our trip. But I seriously am so excited for these two that I couldn’t stop myself from giving it a good sniff. And man! They both smell heavenly! I would love to give these a proper review once I’ve tried them.

APOTHEDERM FIRMING SERUM
1 oz / S$95.50

This firming serum combines the power of botanicals with two of Apothederm’s patented SmartPeptides to effectively help firm skin and increase the skin’s anti-aging results. Best of all? Glycerin, Trehalose, Thermus Ferment and Palmaria Palmata is added for moisturizing, toning and brightening effect.

MY THOUGHTS: Remember this serum from my Nov 2013 Bellabox: LIERAC PREMIUM COMPLETE ANTI-AGING EXTREME REGENERATING SERUM? Well, I’ve been using it for over a month now (yeah I’m referring to the sample I received) and I still have a little bit left and I’ve been trying not to finish it yet coz I don’t have any other serums on standby. Good thing this one came! The Lierac one comes with a dropper while this one from Apothederm comes with a pump. I don’t know which one is better when it comes to dispensing the right amount (or the amount you want) of product. I really like the Lierac one to the point that I might write a review on it real soon, so I might pause my usage of that and switch to this one. I’ll try (keyword: try) to update you once I’ve given this a good 1-2 weeks of trial and might even try to write a comparative review. Hmmmm… that sounds like a lot of work. Are you serious, Becca? Hmmm…

RACHEL K LOTUS STEM CELL HYDROGEL MASK
30 ML / S$8.90

Replenish your skin moisture with this hydrogel mask. Said to offer 11-18% more moisture than sheet mask, it is formulated with stem cells extracted from the lotus flower for optimal skin renewal. The result is a cleansed, tightened and refined complexion with a beautiful, healthy glow!

MY THOUGHTS: I think that because the theme is Flirty Feb, a box oozing with from-head-to-toe pampering goodies is in order, which also means a mask has got to be included in the loot. I can’t say much about this as I have a ton of untried ones in my stash. I don’t know when I would have the time to write about my experience/s with masks so I’d just say, “until then.”

BONUS: L’OREAL PARIS EXTRAORDINARY OIL
100 ML / S$23.90

A miracle oil that can be used as a protectant, nourishing treatment and shine touchup without ever weighing hair down sounds too good to be true, extraordinary. Believe it, because that's what L'Oreal’s Extraordinary Oil does for all hair types for all women! Ultra lightweight, instant shine as well as deep nourishing protection, making hair gorgeous and more manageable is just a quick application away. Smooth through dry or damp hair anytime, on any hair type!

MY THOUGHTS: This reminds me of the one from Elsieve and I really enjoyed using that one, so, I’m guessing that I’d like this one from L’Oreal, too!

BONUS: RACHEL K PURIFYING CLEANSER GEL
80 ML / S$25

Treat dull, lifeless skin to the goodness of this purifying cleanser gel for a healthier and more youthful looking complexion! It is blended with Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera for a soothing refreshing skin treatment.


MY THOUGHTS: Hmmm… I’m having mixed thoughts about this one. It’s nice to get a bonus item. And just from reading the description given, it seems like a really good product. But when I saw the sample and how miniature it is, I, kind of, shrugged a little bit coz it seems like I’m just gonna get one use out of it and would I be able to rate its performance just from one use? I don’t know! So… yeah.

And there you have it! I can’t wait to devour these goodies especially the shampoo and conditioner from L’Oreal! If you liked any of the items shown above and you’d like to receive your own monthly box from Bellabox, simply click here to subscribe! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe