Ohweee! The LIEBSTER Award!

10:57 PM

Helloweee!

I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful author of http://mountainbeauty2013.blogspot.co.uk and I had no idea whatsoever what this award is, typical me, #LOL. 


Needless to say, I went online and googled it. I found a lot, as in “a lot-a lot” of information about it. Wow, cool! And so, it’s basically like a chain letter. And I’ve never liked the idea behind chain letters because if I’m not mistaken (please correct me if I’m wrong), a bad thing is gonna happen when you break the chain…errr? Whereas with the Liebster Award, you have a choice! Not doing it will not hurt you, you’ll just not reap its benefits. Benefits? Yep! And because I’m not feeling that well right now and my mind is not working properly, a very profoundly written blog post explaining about the Liebster Award can be found HERE. Yes! Lorraine of http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com made a very excellent post about the award and the blog itself is FANTABULOUS! She also has an awesome poetry blog named Poetry Perfected, please check it out, too.

So, let’s get on with the rules now, shall we?

THE RULES:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of their nomination.
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.


MY ANSWERS:
1.   What motivated you to start blogging?
Writing has always been one of my passions since I was a teenager. I started blogging in 2008 but that was like an on-and-off relationship, hahaha. I was never consistent, I guess I still am not up to this day, haha, but I think I improved a little. No? C’mon! Give me some credit, LOL. Going back to the question, aside from the passion for writing, it is my YouTube beauty channel that really motivated me to blog seriously and with more focus.

2.    False lashes - yes or no?
No. It’s not a big no-no, it’s just a soft no because I really haven’t tried putting on false lashes. I had when I attended my prom back in highschool but it was the makeup artist my mom hired who put the falsies on me and I can’t remember liking or disliking it. Long explanation, huh? Hehe

3.    Which product is your holy grail skin care product?
I haven’t met my HG skin care product yet. Yeah, sad. :(

4.    Which product do you think is over-rated?
Off the top of my head, I’d say it is the Dermedex Challenge Pack. I have made a review on it, click here!

5.    Favourite Drugstore product!
That’ll be my Revlon ColorStay Foundation and now that I’ve mentioned it, I realize I haven’t written a review on it, but should I? I mean, there’s already a ton of reviews about it over the internet, would my thoughts still matter to you? Am I talking to someone right now? Is somebody even reading this? HAHAHA (laughed at myself).

6.    Favourite High End Product!
I don’t own a lot but from my collection, that would be my Urban Decay Naked Foundation and my Stila “in the light” eyeshadow palette, which I have planned to write a review on ages ago. My gosh, becca!

7.    Have you been to IMATS?
How I wish! Hahaha. I’m in Singapore, so...

8.    Favourite Sport/fitness activity
I don’t have any which explains “the” current body figure (FACEPALM).

9.    Hair straighteners or curling wands/tongs (I'm trying to decide which one to buy...)
Although I super rarely use heat on my hair, I’d say hair straighteners, simply because you can also curl your hair with your hair straightener but you can’t straighten your hair with a curling wand. If you can… then W—WHATTT?!!!! Unbelievable!

10.  Most embarrassing make up malfunction?
PROM. HIGHSCHOOL. FALSIES FALLING. Hahaha, now I remember why I don’t fancy falsies that much, a big LOL.

11.  Favourite make up application technique!
Hmmm… this is a tricky one. I don’t know if this is really my favorite but I find myself doing this quite frequently lately. What is it? It’s lining my upper lashes first with a powder eyeshadow using an angled brush and then topping it off with a liquid liner. I like the intensity the liquid liner brings to the overall look while the powder eyeshadow that I first applied brings a tad of that mistiness effect.

And there you have it! Now who’s up for the challenge? Here are my nominees:

Helen Blas 

Yun Yuwa

Rin

The Girl In Stilletto

Denise Sarmiento

I want to know you ladies more, so here are my 11 QUESTIONS especially made for you:

1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
2. Drugstore or High-end products?
3. What is the first makeup product you purchased?
4. If you can have whatever talent you want, which one talent would that be and why?
5. How often do you clean your makeup brushes?
6. What are your top 3 favorite books and/or movies?
7. What makes you happy?
8. If you can be at two places at one time, where will you be?
9. What is your favourite makeup product and why?
10. How disciplined are you when it comes to removing makeup before going to bed?
11. What’s the last thing you do before going to bed at night?

Alrightie! Thanks to whoever cared to read this whole post and to my nominees who I hope will do this, too. Yay!




You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. Replies
    1. OMGosh! I haven't even messaged you yet about the nomination. So sorry, I got pretty occupied after writing this post that failed to message you. Have you done this before? Because I nominated you. Weee! Thanks for reading, by the way. <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination! :) I'm so thankful (like really) that you nominated me and now I have stuff to write. As I read your answers, it got me thinking too. I haven't really found my HG either. Hmm. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, dear! I enjoyed reading your answers to my questions hahaha. <3

      Delete
  3. Hello sis! Thanks for the nomination.. sweet of you! And I am also a bit sad you weren't here in the country as I am sure you would have enjoyed attending the blogging event we attended heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellowee! I can't wait to read your answers to my 11 questions, hahaha. Hopefully we get to meet in person one day. That sure is gonna be FUN FUN FUN! <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the big shout-out! I sure appreciate it! And congratulations on your award! Awards are exciting, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! I'm super happy you dropped by. I'm very thankful to your super elaborate and awesome post about the liebster award. It saved me a lot of time, hahaha. And yep! Awards are really exciting. Yay! <3

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your award. Loved reading so many things about you in a single post.
    Thanks for visitng my blog and your lovely comment. and yes we can follow each other.
    Am following you via GFC and G+, didnt find the Bloglovin button. Now your turn :)
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I didn't know you're online now. Weeee ^_^ Thanks for reading my post, I really appreciate it. By the way I already moved the "bloglovin follow button" - it's now right below my GFC followers. I already followed you back on GFC, G+ and bloglovin. <3

      Delete
  6. thank you so so so much for your lovely, sweet comment on my blog! it sure did make me happy :)
    iv followed you by gfc and bloglovin! hope to hear from you again soon.

    xx
    emi-rii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, dear. Please continue posting wonderful photos. I'd love to look at them and be inspired. ^_^ And oh! I followed you back on both GFC and Bloglovin, too. Yay! <3

      Delete
  7. Congrats, come check out giveaway on my blog.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear! Thank you very much. I truly appreciate it. I went ahead and followed you back on GFC. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure we can follow each other. I am following you right now on gfc. Follow back.
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! It was fun reading these facts about you :)

    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I really like yours! I'm now following you through GFC, Bloglovin, and Facebook.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Azu! <3 Thanks for dropping by and for following my blog. I did the same via GFC and Bloglovin. ^_^

      Delete
  11. Lovely blog.
    Want to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, FB or Twitter? Love
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on winning the liebster award! i enjoyed reading a bit about you :)
    anyways thanks for visiting my blog, i started following you via bloglovin.
    hope to see you back on my blog as well!

    xoxo Sarah (xlicious girl)
    Japanese Gyaru Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I followed you back on Bloglovin. :) I read blogs on bloglovin like crazy everyday, hahaha. I enjoy reading your blog. I surely will stalk it. <3

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on your award :)
    Love to read your answers!
    Ofcourse I would like to follow each other ;)
    I'm following you now on GFC :)

    http://stylealamy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! Thanks for dropping by, reading my post and following my blog. Weeee! I followed you back on GFC. <3

      Delete
  14. Congrats on the award! I have had false lashes on a few times but find them very tricky to put on!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I think they're very tricky to put on, hahaha. <3

      Delete
  15. aww congrats! you deserved it!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for dropping by! I followed your blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sure, I would like that. Let me know once you followed my blog and I'll follow back right away! <3

      Delete
  18. Thanks for visiting me and congratulation for your award! For sure we can follow each other! I started now ;)

    New post:
    bonjourchiara.blogspot.com
    Facebook Page Bonjourchiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I went back to your blog and followed it via GFC. <3 Thanks for visiting and following my blog. Let's keep in touch! :)

      Delete
  19. This is a cool idea! Well done on your award! I'd love to visit Singapore one day... I hear the food is awesome!!! I live in London right now, have you been?

    Hannah
    www.the-london-blog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Thanks for dropping by. If you visit Singapore one day, don't forget to message me so we can meet up, yay! I haven't been to London. I think I'll know more about London if I head on now to your blog, hahaha. <3

      Delete
  20. Wow! Congratulations!
    I am very new to blogging and I am happy I came across your blog (will follow you now:). Who would have thought that there is such an award for blogging? That is really an additional inspiration, doing what you love and at the same time being recognised.

    I hope that I'll be able to provide some needed information like you and the rest of the active Pinoy bloggers out there.

    Have a great day!

    - shoppingmissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello sis!!! here's my answers, sorry it took a while... http://pisceanrat.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe