MakeUp Tutorial: e.l.f. QUAD - Everyday Wearable Makeup Look

2:50 PM

This entry is sort of a continuation of the previous one. I started my new YouTube channel on July 5th, 2012 but I only was able to upload my very first video on July 25th, 2012. I thought it would be very easy but when I was editing it, the more I admire those beauty gurus that I’ve been watching for like two years, because I just found out that editing videos can be kinda tricky. I mean, filming a tutorial is really fun! Editing it afterwards is just another story, hahaha.

And so, I did successfully film and edit my very first video and uploaded it to YouTube and started waiting for what’s gonna happen next. I was not able to sleep the night I uploaded my very first video. I got very anxious on how it’s gonna turn out that I’ve become so restless. I got some views and some likes and some comments. And I’m already happy! I just really love the thought of just staying at home but being able to reach out to other people all around the world. It’s amazing! You gotta believe me, it really is!

If you haven’t watched my first video yet, here it is:


Products I used:
Watsons Clean Hands Gel (Fruity)
REVLON: Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer
REVLON: Colorstay (200Nude)
AVON Pressed Powder (Natural)
AVON Pressed Powder & Foundation Duo (Almond)
L’OREAL OpenEyesPro quad in Smoky Brown
E.L.F. eyelid primer
E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color quad in #11006
MAYBELLINE Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara
N.Y.X. blush in PB 07 Natural
Nude lipstick from Etude House
AVON lipstick in M109 amelia rose
*by the way, I have oily/combination skin.

Before we start putting any makeup on our face, we need to make sure that we already have it cleansed, toned and moisturized.

Step 1: Start with clean hands. Although I already have washed my hands before I filmed this video, I still used a hand sanitizer before starting with my makeup. It’s a good habit. *wink wink*

Optional Step: This is actually an optional step. You don’t necessarily need to put on a smoothing primer before your foundation. It’s just one of the ways I have found to make my foundation stay on a little bit longer.

Step 2: Apply foundation. You can use a brush, a sponge or even your fingers in doing this step. It really depends on what method you’re used to. If it is your first time, I suggest starting with your fingers.

Step 2.2: Although I didn’t do it in this video, you can apply your concealer to those areas that need more coverage, especially if your foundation was not able to cover it up. In my case, the foundation I used provides full coverage.

Step 3: Contour. Most people use a bronzer for this step. I would love to if I own one, hahaha but since I don’t have any at the moment, I used a pressed powder that is 2-3 shades darker than my skin tone.

Step 4: I set everything with my pressed powder using a powder brush from ecotools.

Step 5: Define eyebrows. In here, I used the brown E/S from my OpenEyesPro quad in Smoky Brown by L’oreal. I used an angled brush from ecoTools to fill in the gaps in between my brows.

Step 6: Prime the lids. I applied the e.l.f. eyelid primer onto my eyelid up to my brow bone and lower lash line using my ring fingers.

Step 7: Eye MakeUp. I created a very soft, neutral, wearable eye makeup using the e.l.f. Brightening Eye Color quad in #11006.

Step 7.1: I started with applying the lightest (a little bit brownish) color on the quad all over my lid up to my brow bone using a flat shader brush from ecoTools.

Step 7.2: Next to it, with a blending brush, I took the peachy color on the quad and put it all over my lid on top of the first color that I have just applied.

Step 7.3: Then, with a pencil brush, I took the darker brown color on the quad and applied it to my crease in a windshield wiper motion. I did that repeatedly slowly building the color into my crease area. *I actually don’t have much of a crease…haha.*

Step 7.4: And because I was going for a soft neutral look, I used the darkest color on the quad as my eyeliner. I applied it as close as possible to my upper and lower lash line with an angled brush.

Step 8: Curl eyelashes. I guess that’s pretty self-explanatory.

Step 9: Coat eyelashes with mascara. 

Step 10: Using my powder brush again from EcoTools, I applied my blush on the apples of my cheeks bringing that rosy glow all over my face. :)

Optional Step: I contoured my nose a little bit because I obviously don’t have a high-bridged nose. LOL. This step is completely optional.

Step11: Put on some lipstick. With this kind of look, I normally layer my lipsticks to achieve my desired lip color. That’s just me.

And there you have it! I know we have different styles of applying our makeup and this is just one of the ways on how I do mine. Please feel free to share your own style. And if you also have a youtube channel, just let me know and I would love to check it out.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe